Artichokes with sauce
- Difficulty: medium
- Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
- Calories: 87 / serving
Artichokes with sauce are a simple and very tasty preparation: the artichokes are simply cooked with a little butter and a little broth, and finally served with a hot sauce made from egg yolk, lemon and parsley. We suggest you prepare this tasty artichoke with the sauce as a rich side dish, perhaps for Easter lunch, or as an unusual, but light and also vegetarian appetizer, a good idea if you want to have a vegetarian Easter lunch.
- 4 large artichokes or 6 if small
- 1 knob of butter
- 250 cl of meat broth
- chopped parsley to taste
- breadcrumbs to taste
- 2 lemons
- one or two egg yolks
- pepper as needed
- Salt to taste
- First clean the artichokes by removing the harder outer leaves.
- Cut off the tip by removing the thorns.
- Open them in half and remove the “beard” inside and the remaining thorns.
- Cut them into wedges and put them in a bowl with water, salt and lemon.
- Melt a knob of butter in a pan.
- Braise the artichokes, add salt and pepper and then finish cooking with a little meat broth.
- When ready to serve, distribute the artichokes on four saucers.
- Pour a little chopped parsley and breadcrumbs into the artichoke pan and cook for a few minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Add the juice of half a lemon and season with salt.
- Then add one or two egg yolks and let the sauce thicken over very low heat, stirring constantly, making sure that the yolks do not firm up and become grainy.
- Spread the sauce over the artichokes and immediately serve this rich and tasty side dish.