- Difficulty: easy
- Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
- Calories: 75 / serving
Bean burgers are a great alternative to meat burgers and are equally delicious. An easy, inexpensive and nutritious recipe that will drive your vegan friends and family crazy. An exquisite dish to serve as a main course or to be used as finger food. They are also perfect for filling sandwiches. The ingredients are few and easy to find. The result is tasty, rich in vegetable proteins and fibers, but above all more digestible. Here are the ingredients and the preparation of this very tasty recipe.
- 500 gr. canned or boiled beans
- 30 gr. of breadcrumbs
- 2 spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- parsley to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- pepper as needed
- Salt to taste
- Clean the spring onions, the garlic clove and the parsley, and then chop them finely.
- Rinse the beans under running water and then drain them well.
- Blend them coarsely in a food processor.
- In a container, add the parsley, the chopped spring onions and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Mix well with your hands until you have a homogeneous, soft and not excessively wet mixture.
- Shape into meatballs and then mash to form burgers.
- Coat the burgers on all sides with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat and cook the burgers until crispy on the outside and lightly browned. Turn them only once, however the cooking time should be around 10 minutes.
- Just let it cool down. Serve your bean burgers accompanied by a tomato and lettuce salad or in sandwiches accompanied by your favorite sauces and vegetables.
For light cooking, place the burgers on a dripping pan and bake at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes. It is necessary to turn them only once halfway through cooking.
Photo by Laura Tedeschi