How do you cook rice for many people?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 3 quarts uncooked rice in large roasting pan (lightly sprayed with cooking spray), spread evenly. …
- In a large pot, combine water and salt. …
- CAREFULLY pour boiling water over the rice and stir so that the rice is even along the bottom.
- Immediately cover tightly with aluminum foil.
How to cook prepackaged rice?
Use equal amounts of rice and water. Boil water. ADD rice, stir, cover and remove from heat. WAIT 5 minutesor until water is absorbed, then fluff.
How to cook 2 pounds of rice?
- Put water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Rinse the rice under cold water (optional).
- Add a pinch of salt and rice to boiling water. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Bake 18 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for an additional 5 minutes (without peeking).
- Stir with a fork and serve.
How many people can half a bag of rice feed?
20 kg of rice feeds 120 people (if served with less and/or salad) 25 kg (i.e. half a bag of rice) feeds 150 people (if served with less and/or salad)
How much water should I use for 2 cups of rice?
The most common ratio of rice to liquid is 1 to 2 or 1 cup rice to 2 cups water, which will give 3 cups cooked rice. The formula is simple: 1-2-3. So if you cooked 2 cups of rice, you would cook it with 4 cups of liquid to get 6 cups of cooked rice.
Is 1 cup of rice enough for 2?
Measure a cup of long-grain white rice into a cup and level it. A cup of dry rice will do enough cooked rice for two to three adult servings. (Or two adults and two young children.) The cool thing about this recipe is that it’s proportional.
How much rice do I need for 30 guests?
For 30 people, need 10 cups of rice. If you are preparing rice for people who have bigger appetites or really like rice, please also adjust the total amount of rice you need according to the gender and age of your guests. Because gender and age can affect how much rice a person needs.
How long should I cook my rice?
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. …
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all liquid, 16 to 18 minutes (check only near end of cooking time). …
- Remove from heat and steam, covered, for 10 minutes.
Do you add water to Uncle Ben’s Ready rice?
Mix together 1 cup Uncle Ben’s Converted Rice and 2-1/4 cups water in medium microwaveable bowl. … Stir the rice. Let the rice sit, covered, at room temperature for five minutes.
How to boil 1 cup of rice?
Basic recipe: Rinse a cup of rice in a colander and put it in a saucepan with 2 cups of water. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer very low heat for 45 minutes. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes before serving.
How much water does it take to cook a cup of rice?
The basic ratio of water to white rice is 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice. You can easily double and even triple the recipe; Just make sure you’re using a pan big enough to hold the rice while it cooks and expands.
Should the rice be stirred while cooking?
“NEVER stir your rice! The agitation activates the starch and will make your rice sticky. … If you cook the rice too quickly, the water evaporates and the rice is undercooked. Low heat keeps the beans intact.
Do you add rice to cold or boiling water?
Once you have brought the water to a boil, you need to lower it to low heat. To add cold rice at this point can cancel this process. Rice is usually cooked based on volume ratios. Boiling the water first won’t have an effect unless you lose sight of it and boiling causes your water content to drop.