for 4 people
120 grams of flour
50 milliliters of seed oil
1 pinch of salt
60 grams of brown sugar
6 grams of baking powder
THE muffin they are delicious sweets prepared with flour, eggs, milk and other ingredients to taste. In our case, the muffins have been flavored with lemon juice and lemon zest, which makes them incredibly fragrant. The dough is soft and yellowish, with a very fresh and slightly acidic flavor. THE Lemon muffin they are very light because they are prepared with little sugar and with the addition of sunflower oil instead of butter. They are excellent as a snack, enjoyed with tea or eaten for breakfast. Lemon muffins are very easy to make and only takes fifteen minutes to cook. This recipe will explain how to make them, so you can always have delicious and soft lemon muffins ready at home.
Preparation – Lemon muffin
1. Prepare the dough base first. Pour it into a large bowl sifted flour. Add it sugar and the baking powder. Wash the lemon and dry it, grate the zest of the whole lemon, then add it to the flour. Stir in the dry ingredients. Now prepare the second base of the dough. In another large bowl pour a egg.
2. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice, then add it to the egg, taking care to remove any seeds. Also add theoil and beat well with a hand whisk until the mixture is homogeneous and slightly fluffy.
3. Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and start mixing gently with the silicone spatula. You must obtain a compact, swollen and homogeneous mixture. Grease muffin tins with two drops of oil. Using a spoon, transfer the dough into the molds, filling them up to three quarters of their capacity. Lightly beat the shapes against the work surface to eliminate any air bubbles left in the dough. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about fifteen to twenty minutes. Gently remove the muffins from the oven and wait a few minutes before removing them from the molds.
Serve yours Lemon muffin lukewarm or cold.
Tips and tricks
– You can fill your muffins with lemon cream and cook them together with the cream or fill them when they are already cooked.
– Do not overcook the muffins, otherwise they will be dry inside.
– You can use some white sugar if you want to get very light muffins with a lemon flavor only. Brown sugar has a particular aftertaste, compared to white sugar which is completely neutral.
Also try other varieties of muffins, such as the Muffin with Yogurt, i Blueberries muffin ei orange muffin.