There Kasas City Style barbecue sauce is the traditional accompaniment of the American BBQ. It is a sweet and sour and lightly smoked sauce perfect for grilled meats, especially pork ones. Very easy to do, preparing it in a pressure cooker greatly reduces its cooking times. A recipe a must try for the summer barbecues.
- 200 g of ketchup
- 125 ml of tomato sauce
- 220 g of dark molasses
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of muscovado brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Worcester sauce
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
HOW TO PREPARE: THE KANSAS CITY STYLE BARBECUE SAUCE IN A PRESSURE COOKER
- To prepare the Kansas City Style barbecue sauce in a pressure cooker, collect all the ingredients in the jar of a blender and blend until you get a smooth and homogeneous cream. Transfer it to the pressure cooker and bring to a boil, then close the lid and place the saucepan over medium-sized heat over high heat. From the hiss, reduce the power of the heat source and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let it breathe and open the lid. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and let it cool completely before serving.
The Kansas City Style Pressure Cooker BBQ Sauce is the typical accompaniment to the Ribs BBQ style, the queen of American grilling. Also excellent with our grilled pork ribs or grilled sausages. In summer, try it also with cold boiled meat: it will amaze you. If you can’t find the dark molasses, you can replace it with chestnut honey or fir honeydew.
OTHER TASTY RECIPES: Homemade Ketchup, Apple and Ginger Chutney, Pepper Jam, Mayonnaise
OTHER RECIPES IN PRESSURE COOKER: Giardiniera in a pressure cooker, Tomato puree in a pressure cooker, Pickled peppers in a pressure cooker
- Preparation time
- 5 min
- Cooking time