Raspberry Iced Tea just made for sunny porches and lazy afternoons! This sweet tea is fresh and fruity, and can be turned into spiked iced tea, or kept alcohol-free (depending on your mood). There’s nothing better on a hot summer day than prickly raspberry sweet tea!
Raspberry Iced Tea
Raspberry iced tea is one of my favorite drinks on a hot day. It’s sweet, fruity, and totally refreshing. It’s even better with the addition of vodka when you need a cocktail for the crowd!
This prickly sweet tea is the perfect blend of fruity flavors, sugar and alcohol. It’s not too sweet, but just right. And the raspberry liqueur adds great flavor!
Pour a glass over ice, and enjoy the ideal summer cocktail. Sipping it on the front porch? Even better! This is summer bliss. And if you want to skip the alcohol, you can still make a version of this to share with everyone.
Why you’ll love this Spiked Ice Tea Recipe:
- Appropriate: Sweet tea cocktail with just the right level of sweetness!
- Refreshing: This raspberry iced tea will quench your thirst! With a delicious fruity aroma of tangy raspberries.
- Cocktails for the crowd: Serve this bottle of prickly tea at your next summer party. It’s so easy to make!
Iced tea just screams SUMMER! And it goes even better with a raspberry flavor, and a dash of vodka for a fun touch. It really is the perfect drink.
- Tea bag: Use 2 family size tea bags or 8 regular size tea bags. I prefer Luzianne for iced tea.
- Sugar: Adjust the dose to the desired level of sweetness.
- Chambord Liquor: It’s a berry flavored liqueur that adds real depth (optional).
- Vodka: Use good quality vodka for a softer drink.
- Baking soda powder: You just need a pinch!
- Decoration: Mint, raspberry and orange wedges add the perfect finishing touch.
Trademark note: In the spirit of transparency, please note that some of these materials are trademarked products. Luzianne tea and Chambord liquor are exclusive brands that I would like to acknowledge and appreciate.
How to Make Spiky Raspberry Sweet Tea
Be sure to check out the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Boil water, pour it into a teapot and add tea bags. Let it steep.
- Remove the tea bags, add the sugar, baking soda and stir.
- Optional: add raspberry liqueur and vodka.
- Let the tea cool, and serve over ice with garnish.
Can I make it without alcohol?
Very! This raspberry iced tea is great, even without the alcohol. If you want to make a family-friendly version, skip the vodka and Chambord.
It gives you a perfectly brewed sweet tea. You can make simple raspberry syrup instead of liqueur to add that fruity flavor. Or just add more fresh berries to serve, or while brewing.
A pinch of baking soda makes a world of difference in a bottle of freshly brewed sweet tea. It neutralizes the tannins in black tea, giving it a smoother taste.
We use vodka to “spice” this raspberry tea. You can use a different kind if you want, but I think the vodka creates a nice subtle flavor for this cocktail.
This recipe makes about 8 servings, which is perfect for small gatherings. You can easily increase the amount by brewing more tea bags, then separating the tea into several pitchers to make more.
Yes, we use black tea which contains caffeine.
The raspberry sweet tea is perfect for any occasion. Make a batch for a hot summer afternoon, or take some to your next cookout.
- Make this sweet raspberry iced tea spiked or not, depending on your mood, or who will drink it.
- Use more tea bags if you want to make more, then dilute with more water in a few pitchers.
- Add as much or as little sugar as you like to make the perfect sweet tea.
- Garnish each glass with fresh raspberries, strawberries, orange wedges, or mint leaves.
- Make a large jug, and keep it in the fridge until it’s gone. The hotter the day, the faster, in my experience.
Doesn’t this drink just scream SUMMER? Nothing is more refreshing or satisfying than a good sweet tea. Or, as I said, the prickly raspberry type!
How long do you brew iced tea?
You control the strength of the tea by changing the steep time. Fifteen minutes is a good amount to let the tea bag soak in the hot water. But if you like a very strong (or weaker) tea, you can easily adjust the timing.
How much sugar is in this prickly raspberry sweet tea?
There is one and a half cups of sugar in this raspberry iced tea recipe. The amount can be adjusted according to your taste. If you prefer a sweeter tea, add a little more. You can even skip the sugar altogether if you like.
The raspberry sweet iced tea is refreshing and flavorful, with or without alcohol! I like to make spiked iced tea for parties, and then plain sweet tea for dinner. It’s always very tasty.
More Refreshing Summer Cocktails to Try
- Best Frozen Margaritas
- Blood Orange Paloma
- Pitcher Mojito Recipe
- Strawberry Lemonade Party Punch
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comments section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!