Papa Murphy’s has become a popular pizzeria chain in America. The brand is known for their fresh, delicious pizzas that are baked with high-quality ingredients and custom-made to order. With so many delicious options available, many customers wonder if they can cook two Papa Murphy’s pizzas at once to save time or feed a big group. Well, we’re here to answer that question for you!
In this article, we’ll take a look at whether it’s possible to cook two Papa Murphy’s pizzas simultaneously without compromising quality. We’ll cover everything from understanding your oven capacity to proper temperature settings and even safety concerns while cooking two pizzas.
The Papa Murphy’s Experience
Before we dive into cooking methods let us take a brief overview of how the Papa Murphy’s experience works. When you order pizza from the restaurant, they make it fresh upon request but don’t bake it in-store. Instead, they pack your pizza into a box and leave instructions on how to bake it properly inside your home oven.
FAQs about Cooking Papa Murphy’s Pizza
One of the most common questions people ask is whether they can bake multiple pizzas at once in their home oven? Some other popular Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) include:
- Do I need to preheat my oven?
- What pan should I use?
- How long should I cook the pizza?
Understanding Your Oven Capacity
Before attempting to cook two pizzas at once in your oven, you need first to understand its limitations based on size and type.
Differentiating between oven types:
1.Convection Ovens 2.Gas Ovens 3.Electric Ovens
Convection ovens have been found to work better when baking multiple items at once while gas ovens usually require less preheating time compared to electric ones depending on each model.
Cooking Multiple Pizzas: Factors To Consider
Several factors need to be considered when cooking two pizzas at once properly. We’ve summarized some of the key factors below:
- Timing Differences with Different Pizza Types and Toppings:
Different Pizza types and toppings require different cooking times since cooking times can vary with the thickness of the crust, its toppings. For instance, The Classic Cheese Pizza takes 12-15 minutes while a stuffed pizza like their Pepperoni Extreme takes a little bit longer.
- Proper Temperature Settings:
The oven temperature required is usually indicated on the box. Papa Murphy’s recommends that you preheat your oven to at least 425°F before baking your pizza.
Preheating Your Oven
Preheating your oven is essential to achieve reliable results while cooking two Papa Murphy’s Pizzas at once since it helps distribute heat evenly throughout each pizza’s surface evenly
Placing the Pizzas on Rack Properly
Proper placement of your Papa Murphy’s pizzas on a rack will give them maximum exposure to heat without crowding one another, which could cause uneven baking.
Rotating the Pizzas During Cooking
Rotating your pizzas during baking is critical to ensure even heating in both pizzas’ centers.
Alternatives to Double-Cooking: Other Cooking Methods
If you’re having trouble fitting two Papa Murphy’s Pizzas in one oven or if cooking them both simultaneously would require adjustments in temperature regulation and baking sheet placement, you could consider alternative cooking methods such as grilling or using a pizza stone or pan.
Grills allow for faster delivery time but have limited space depending on its size. Using a pizza stone could prevent uneven baking since it bakes faster but may not allow for simultaneous cooking of two pizzas due to limited space compared to using an Oven Rack/Grill Pan that can accommodate multiple items at once.
Safety Concerns While Cooking Two Papa Murphy’s Pizza At Once
Safety should always come first regardless of how many pizzas we want to bake at once. When preparing two pizzas in one oven, safety tips to consider include:
- Prevent Alterations In Temperature: If the oven temperature drops when opening the door at various intervals, both pizzas would cook unevenly.
- Smoothing And Harmless Re-insertion Of Your Pizzas Into The Oven: When rotating your pizza and returning it back into the oven leave a little gap along its wall to avoid hitting another pizza.
Conclusion: Decision Time!
In conclusion, deciding whether to cook two Papa Murphy’s pizzas simultaneously will depend on several factors. Nevertheless, with proper planning and considerations like timing differences with different Pizza types and toppings, proper temperature settings, even placement of the Pizzas on Rack, and rotating them during cooking intervals everybody enjoys fresh hot pizza!
- Q: Can I bake two Papa Murphy’s pizzas at once without altering the cooking time? A: Yes, you can! However, you may need to adjust the placement of the racks in your oven to ensure both pizzas cook evenly.
- Q: How long should I bake two Papa Murphy’s pizzas for? A: The baking time will depend on the type and size of the pizzas. Check the packaging for specific instructions or use a thermometer to ensure they’re fully cooked before serving.
- Q: Will cooking two Papa Murphy’s pizzas at once affect their quality or taste? A: Not necessarily. As long as both pizzas have enough room to cook properly and are not stacked on top of each other, they should turn out just as delicious as if baked separately.
- Q: Can I freeze one pizza while cooking another? A: It’s not recommended to freeze an unbaked pizza halfway through cooking. This could affect its texture and taste once thawed and finished in the oven. It’s best to cook both pizzas together or save one for later and bake it separately when ready.