What is Maxi Grill in the Oven?
Are you curious about what the “maxi grill” feature in your oven really means? It’s a unique setting that offers a lot of flexibility for cooking and grilling all sorts of dishes. In this article, we will explore everything you need to know about maxi grill in the oven, including how it works, different types of ovens with maxi grill feature, and recipes that use it.
Maxi grill in the oven is a powerful cooking function that allows you to cook food just like on an outdoor grill. It’s ideal for cooking meat, fish, vegetables, and more. The unique heating element provides high-intensity heat to help you achieve well-cooked and crispy food. Beyond that, the maxi grill function can be used for a variety of other purposes and cooking techniques.
The origin of the maxi grill feature is not very clear because various manufacturers have come up with different ways to incorporate it into their ovens. However, the feature has become increasingly popular over time due to its versatility and ease of use.
Types of Ovens with Maxi Grill Feature
There are several types of ovens with the maxi grill function. They include:
- Infrared Grills: These models use infrared technology to provide even heat across entire surface.
- Electric Grills: They come with an electric coil or heating element for generating heat.
- Gas Grills: This model uses gas fuel to produce flame and heat.
Each type has its pros and cons. Electric grills are relatively quicker than gas grills but can be slightly harder to clean thoroughly. On the other hand, gas grills offer more control over heat output but require regular gas refills.
How Does it Work?
Maxi grills work in two ways depending on the type of oven. Electric and infrared grill ovens use a heating element to provide direct heat to the food, while gas grills use propane or natural gas to create an open flame underneath the food.
Compared to traditional ovens, maxi grill provides high-intensity heat to cook food faster, resulting in a well-cooked and crispy texture. It’s like an outdoor grill merged into an indoor oven; this feature lets you cook just about everything that you can cook on an outdoor grill.
Comparison between Conventional Oven and Maxi Grill
Conventional ovens distribute heat across every area of the oven through different heating elements (bottom, top, or both). However, maxi grills offer more targeted heat distribution, which is great for fast cooking. With standard baking methods, you may not get a perfectly-cooked or crispy dish. The maxi grill function helps bridge that gap.
Safety Measures to Observe While Using the Feature
Just like with any cooking equipment in your home, it is essential to observe safety precautions while using maxi grills. A few of the common steps include:
- Do not leave your oven unattended while using the feature.
- Clean the oven regularly to remove grease and prevent fires.
- Use appropriate utensils when handling hot food from grant maxii grill function as it can get very hot.
- Use heat-resistant gloves or mittens when opening or moving hot dishes.
When/Why to Use Maxi Grill Feature
The maxi grill feature is perfect for several occasions when you want to give dishes an outdoor grilled-like texture and taste. You can use it for meats, poultry, seafood, and vegetables. Additionally, dishes that feature cheese can be given that oven-grilled texture to amplify the flavor profile.
The maxi grill function is particularly effective on:
- Thin meat cuts: grilling them usually results in nice char lines and even cooking throughout.
- Vegetables: most veggies cook quicker using the maxi Grill function, so there’s no fear of overcooking.
When you use the maxi grill function to cook your meals, you’ll notice a significant difference in texture and taste when compared to other conventional cooking methods.
Advantages of Using Maxi Grill Feature over Other Cooking Methods
The following are a few advantages of using the maxi grill function:
- The consistent high heat ensures evenly-cooked food.
- You can keep an eye on what you’re cooking quickly due to how fast the food cooks.
- The end result is typically crispy with an authentic grilled taste.
Maxi Grill vs. Other Oven Features
Maxi grill is often compared with other oven features such as baking, roasting, and broiling. However, each method has specific differences in their working principle.
For example, baking provides moderate heat from both bottom and top heating elements for dishes like cakes or bread. On the other hand, roasting involves cooking food (usually larger items) with even amounts of direct heat distributed across the entire dish.
Broiling is similar to grilling but takes place in an oven-like setting. It’s a method that uses high heat from above to cook food quickly using infrared rays.
Tips for Using the Maxi Grill Feature
Here are a few essential tips that will help you succeed with the maxi grill feature:
- Clean the oven after every use of the feature to remove grease and food particles.
- Preheat the oven, then wait a few seconds before placing the food inside to ensure maximum heat distribution.
- Flip meat and poultry occasionally to avoid uneven cooking
- Use appropriately-sized utensils when handling hot items.
Recipes That Use the Maxi Grill Feature
Here are three recipes that utilize the power of maxi grill in an oven:
1. Grilled Chicken Breast with Paprika Rub
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix the paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bowl and coat on both sides with dry rub mixture.
- Preheat oven on max grill function for five minutes.
- Place chicken breasts on a roasting tray lined with foil.
- Place in oven and cook for about six minutes per side or until internal temperature is up-to recommended temperature for chicken breasts.
- Serve hot.
2. Grilled Honey-glazed Salmon Fillet
- A salmon fillet (skin-on)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven on max grill function for 5 minutes.
- Clean and pat dry the salmon fillet, then season both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Place salmon fillet (skin side down) in an oven safe dish.
- Drizzle honey on the salmon using a basting brush or spoon.
- Place in oven and cook for six to seven minutes on each side or until it reaches your preferred degree of doneness.
3. Caramelised Onion and Mushroom Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Two slices of bread
- A few sliced mushrooms
- A medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
- A slice of cheddar or other cheese type
- Olive oil or butter if preferred
- Add olive oil/butter to a skillet and heat up over medium heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms and sauté for about six to seven minutes until they just start to turn brownish.
- Spread butter or oil over one side of each slice of bread.
- Add cheese slice on top of one slice, then add caramelised onion mixture on top of cheese then finally add another layer of cheese before covering with the second slice of bread with oily/buttery side facing outwards .
- Place the sandwich in the oven using the maxi grill function for approximately five to six minutes on each side, or until bread becomes golden-brownish.
In summary, the maxi grill feature is an excellent addition to any oven out there. It provides an array of benefits that can help bring a unique flavor and crispness to your dishes. By observing the safety measures and using the tips discussed in this article, you can cook any dish you want using the maxi grill feature.
What makes Maxi Grill different from a regular oven?
By incorporating a unique heating element and fan system, Maxi Grill is able to provide professional-grade grilling results with even heat distribution.
Can I cook anything in a Maxi Grill?
Yes! Whether you’re looking to grill meat, vegetables, or even pizza, Maxi Grill can handle it all. Its versatile temperature range allows you to sear food quickly or slow cook it to perfection.
Is a Maxi Grill difficult to clean?
Cleaning a Maxi Grill is no more difficult than cleaning a regular oven. Simply wipe down any loose debris and use warm soapy water for a thorough clean. The grill plates are removable for easy cleaning as well.
Does Maxi Grill use a lot of energy?
Maxi Grill is designed to be energy-efficient, using only the necessary amount of power to achieve optimal cooking results. Additionally, its compact size means that it uses less energy overall compared to larger appliances.