Frozen Pizza has become a staple in households due to its convenience, affordability and variety. Another popular kitchen appliance is the Blackstone griddle, which is known for its even heating and fast cooking time. In this article, we explore the question of whether you can cook frozen pizza on a Blackstone and the benefits of doing so.
Benefits of Cooking Frozen Pizza on a Blackstone
There are several benefits to cooking frozen pizza on a Blackstone griddle. The first advantage is speed – with a preheated griddle, your frozen pizza can take just four to six minutes to cook through, compared to 15-20 minutes in a conventional oven.
The second benefit is crispy crusts. A Blackstone directs heat directly onto the surface of the crust (rather than from below), creating an evenly browned base that’s nicely crisp without being burnt.
Finally, even heating is another advantage with cooking frozen pizza on a Blackstone. Traditional ovens often cause uneven heating, leaving some areas undercooked while others are overcooked which isn’t likely with blackstones.
Ingredients Required to Cook Frozen Pizza on a Blackstone
- Frozen Pizza – choose your favorite brand or flavor of frozen pizza.
- Olive oil or cooking spray – coating the grill grates with olive oil or cooking spray will create better, non-sticky results.
- Toppings (optional) – feel free to add toppings that suit your taste buds
Step-by-step Guide to Cooking Frozen Pizza on a Blackstone
- Start by preheating your griddle for around 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from packaging and discard any plastic wrap or cardboard base.
- Generously coat the grill grates with olive oil or cooking spray using basting brush.
- Place the frozen pizza onto the hot surface of the griddle, making sure it lays flat.
- Cover partially with a lid, leaving some space to allow heat to escape.
- After 2-3 minutes check the bottom for the pizza by lifting an edge with a spatula to ensure it isn’t burning but cooking evenly.
- Once the crust on the bottom is golden brown and crisp ( usually after 4-6 minutes), add your toppings.
- Place the cover back on top and wait another minute or two until the cheese has melted and has started to go slightly golden in color.
- Once you have thoroughly checked for doneness, remove from heat and carefully slice.
Tips for Cooking Frozen Pizza on a Blackstone
To ensure optimal results, here are a few things to keep in mind when cooking frozen pizzas on a Blackstone griddle:
- Don’t use too much cheese or toppings – this can cause it to stick onto the surface of griddle making it messy or even burn.
- Be careful while flipping the pizza over; due to its weight any drastic movement could lead to cheese spilling over and sticking.
- Adjust cooking time based on thickness and size of crust – Keep an eye out as all frozen pizza varieties have varying cook times depending upon their crust thickness then adjust accordingly.
Comparison with Baked Frozen Pizza in Oven
Naturally, there is going be an immense difference in texture, taste between baked frozen pizzas in an oven and one cooked entirely differently on blackstones. Most Ovens traditionally cook from below which leads to uneven heating ,while blackstones directly contact heats both sides creating crispy evenly heated pizzas with perfect base.
The aroma permeating from cooking oven pizza might feel better however after getting used to blackstone prepared one; The hassle of waiting long hours for dough within Oven just does not match up well.
How to Maintain your Blackstone Griddle after Cooking Frozen Pizza
Cleaning blackstones will increase lifespan aiding longevity as any accumulated grease might cause rusting or corroding the unit, Here’s how to clean up after cooking frozen Pizza using blackstone ;
- Remove any leftover crumbs from the griddle with a scraper after it has cooled down.
- Pour mineral oil onto a rag and wipe down the surface of the grill grates to avoid rusting.
- You can also use mild dish soap and water mixed onto warm water then wiping it off with a soft cloth.
Cooking Frozen Pizzas on a Blackstone is as simple as it quick and tasty! By following our step-by-step guide, you’ll be able to cook perfect pizzas every time. With even cooking heating, swift cook times and crispy crusts that don’t go soggy ,It’s definitely worth giving your blackstone griddle a chance along with other varieties of food.
- Q: Can a Blackstone grill be used to cook frozen pizza? A: Yes, a Blackstone grill can definitely be used to cook frozen pizza. The high heat and even cooking surface make it an ideal tool for achieving a crispy crust and perfectly melted cheese.
- Q: Do I need any special equipment to cook frozen pizza on a Blackstone grill? A: No special equipment is required beyond the Blackstone grill itself. Simply place the frozen pizza directly on the griddle and let it cook until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted to your liking.
- Q: What tips do you have for cooking frozen pizza on a Blackstone grill? A: To get the best results, it’s important to preheat your Blackstone grill before placing the frozen pizza on the griddle. You should also keep an eye on the temperature, as cooking too hot may result in burnt crust or unevenly melted cheese.
- Q: Is there anything else I should know about cooking frozen pizza on a Blackstone grill? A: One key advantage of using a Blackstone grill for frozen pizza is that you can easily customize your toppings and add-ons to suit your preferences. From classic pepperoni to gourmet combinations, this versatile cooking method offers endless possibilities for delicious results every time.