This oat porridge with pear, cinnamon and raspberries is a fragrant and spicy variant of the classic English recipe for Breakfast. In this case we have added some flavored pears with coconut oil and cinnamon and then baked in the oven.
To accomplish this oat porridge with pear, cinnamon and raspberries we used the Pear from Emilia-Romagna, which has held the IGP brand since 1998. Let’s get to know it better in these 5 points.
1. Features: the pear from Emilia-Romagna has a specific flavor and a different texture of the pulp depending on the variety. In particular, the Abate pear stands out for its elongated, large flask shape, with a smooth and thin rusty yellow skin. The juicy pulp, white and fine, has a sweet-sour taste, and is extremely fragrant and pleasant.
2. History: pear has been known in Italy since ancient times. Perhaps as early as 4000 years ago man ate its fruits. On the other hand, the news on its cultivation is more recent: it is in the first twenty years of the 1900s that the production of pears and apples finds its natural home in all of northern Italy, including Emilia-Romagna. However, the destinations of the product were different. In fact, a good part of Piedmont’s production was mainly destined for processing into cider, while in other areas such as Emilia there are examples of specialized crops for fresh consumption.
3. Seasonality: it is available from mid-September throughout the winter until late spring.
4. Property: it is a very important fruit for nutrition and its optimal daily consumption is recommended for the supply of fiber, vitamins and mineral salts.
5. Advice: a pear is ripe if, by exerting a slight pressure on the base of the petiole, the pulp is yielding. If you buy pears from Emilia-Romagna that are not yet ready for consumption, just place them in a paper bag at room temperature for 2-3 days. After this time the pears will reach perfect ripeness. To keep pears for a few more days (even 7-8 days), they must be placed in the lower part of the refrigerator (5 ° -7 ° C) always in a paper bag.
This recipe can of course be prepared with the pear you prefer.
OTHER DELICIOUS RECIPES: Baked pears with oat crumble, Stuffed oat biscuits, Homemade Granola
How to prepare: Oat porridge with pear, cinnamon and raspberries