- Difficulty: easy
- Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
- Calories: 350 / serving
- Recipe: Vegetarian
The vegetarian ragù is made using seitan, a meat substitute that the followers of the vegetarian and vegan diet know well and that sometimes it is even possible to make it at home. The Christmas lunch can therefore become vegetarian without giving up a classic first course on our table. To further vary the dish you can even use kamut paste, also very good. If you don’t have time to prepare seitan at home, you can find it in organic supermarkets.
- 300 gr of short pasta
- 300 gr of seitan
- celery, carrot, onion to taste
- peeled tomatoes to taste
- 1 dl of red wine
- sage, bay leaf, nutmeg to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Clean the herbs and reduce them to very small cubes, then put them in a saucepan with the bottom heated, also adding bay leaf and sage and let it dry for 5 minutes, adding a small ladle of water.
- Cut the seitan into slices and then chop it, then add it to the saucepan, season with a little nutmeg and leave to flavor for a minute, then pour in the wine, letting it evaporate over low heat.
- Add 4 chopped peeled tomatoes with a fork and cook for an hour, diluting with a little water if necessary.
- When the sauce is almost ready, boil the pasta in salted water, drain, season with the sauce and serve.
If you like, you can add a handful of pine nuts.
Photo of Alpha