- Difficulty: easy
- Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
- Calories: 70 / serving
The vegan burger makes a great variation on the meat burger or the veggie burger. It is a very nutritious, healthy and energetic second course, suitable for those who follow a vegan diet or anyone who wants a single dish rich in taste and intense flavor. It is also easy to prepare and the ingredients you need are easy to find. Here are the ingredients and the preparation of this very tasty recipe.
- 300 gr. of barley
- 200 gr. mix of seeds (sunflower, almond, walnut, hazelnut)
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 turnip
- 1 leek
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Wash the barley under running water to remove any dust residues.
- Boil the barley in a large pot for about 20-25 minutes. Let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, wash the vegetables and chop them. Coarsely chop the seeds as well.
- Once the barley is cooked, chop it until it becomes a smooth and soft dough.
- Pour the barley into a large bowl, add the previously chopped and amalgamated vegetables.
- Add the seeds to the mixture. Add the oil and season with salt, mix well with your hands until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Shape into meatballs and then mash to form burgers.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat and cook the burgers until crispy on the outside and lightly browned. Turn them only once, however the cooking time should be about 10 minutes.
- Just let it cool down. Serve your vegan burgers accompanied by a tomato and lettuce salad or in sandwiches accompanied by your favorite sauces and vegetables.
For light cooking, place the burgers on a dripping pan and bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Photo of Vegan smoothie